Home Design Trends to Watch Out For
At DesignSourceCT, we like to keep our clients in the loop with the latest interior design trends. Here is what we have seen a lot of in 2013 and anticipate that these looks and styles will continue into the new year:
- Antique brass: While in the past people rushed to update their old and outdated brass fixtures in the home, antique brass has certainly made a comeback, most particularly in hardware and embellishments.
- Bleached floors: In recent years, the stain on hardwood flooring has continued to get darker; however, there has been an uptick this year in the number of people the desire lighter woods for flooring and cabinetry.
- Stripes and geometrics: Jazz up a more neutral space by introducing some bold patterns like stripes and geometrics, and don’t be afraid to limit these patterns to throw pillows.
- Wrapped furniture: For those on a budget, a great DIY project to give any space a stylish update is to wrap furniture in a linen, grass cloth, or other unique texture.
- Weathered countertops: Don’t be afraid to incorporate some distressed countertops in the kitchen that already appear to have some wear and tear.
Please contact us at DesignSourceCT for more interior design trends.