Trends from Spring 2013 High Point Market
The High Point Market is the biggest home furnishings industry trade show in the world, drawing a crowd of more than 75,000 to each bi-annual event. More than 2000 exhibitors are spread throughout 180 buildings, which offer approximately 11.5 million square feet of show space. This internationally renowned trade show is well represented by designers and exhibitors from over 100 countries, offering a variety of styles and trends that can be appreciated around the world.
The Spring 2013 High Point Market recently took place April 20-25 in North Carolina, and we wanted to share with you some of hottest trends from the spring market:
- Geometric Flowers: While there was momentum surrounding the more angular geometric patterns in 2012, this spring revealed a softer, symmetrical flower shaped design.
- Emerald Green: Pantone named Emerald Green the color of the year and the color was present throughout the spring market.
- Soft Sheen: Some of the most stylish furnishings at the spring market had a pale shimmer or pearly iridescence to them.
- New Natural: Organic and reclaimed wood furnishings caught many designers eyes, especially if they were altered with some type of man-made resin or metal.
- Honeycomb: Much like we saw with the geometric flowers, the honeycomb pattern is still very in.
To incorporate the spring design trends of 2013 into your designs please contact us at DesignSourceCT
Image: Apartment Therapy